Update Your Profile
Please note: This assignment has 6 parts to it. Please follow all the steps to have this assignment be marked as complete.
- Go to your profile by pulling down the menu by your name at
the top, right-hand side of this page and clicking on "Profile"
(or on your name itself anywhere else it appears on the site).
You may want to open your profile in a different window or tab
(ctrl-click) to make it easier to follow the rest of these
instructions. Once you are on your profile page, click "Edit
profile" in the section entitled "User details." Next,
click "Expand all" at the top right to see all the info
- Enter as much information as you would like to share with the
other course participants. In the “Description” box, you can tell
about your work, family, hobbies, etc. so others can get to know
you. (Click on your facilitator's name and take a look at your
facilitator's profile as an example.) Be sure to add a picture,
as it helps to see a human face along with the comments being
- Check your time zone in the "Timezone” field. The site
automatically updates due dates/times based on the time zone in
your profile. Thus, it is important to set
your current time zone so that the due dates/times appear
correctly throughout your course. To have your time zone
automatically adjust for Daylight Savings, choose “America/New
York” for Eastern, “America/Chicago” for Central,
“America/Denver” for Mountain, and “America/Los Angeles” for
Special note on due dates: Forums and other required activities with due days listed in their instructions (i.e., "Post your initial reply by Monday") are referring to Monday in the Eastern Time Zone, so if you are in Europe or Asia, you’ll need to make your own mental adjustment for those.
- Once you are done, click "Update profile" at the bottom to
save your changes.
- Read your fellow classmates' and facilitator’s
profiles. For a course participant list, click on
"Participants" in the “Navigation” block which is always on the
left. Click on a person’s name to see their profile. You can also
click on any participant’s name anywhere on the site to get to
that person’s profile.
- Once you have completed the above 5 steps, return to this page and click the “Submit Work” button below. Scroll down to the “Online Text” box and type in "yes, I added a picture" or "no, I didn't add a picture" as a way to let your facilitator know that you have finished. Click "save changes."